A facial mist has become one of our must-have daily essentials — especially in humid weather or post-gym. It cools you down while giving your skin a sultry dew. Yes, facial mists are booming and they’re only going to get more popular early into the summer. When looking for a mist, you want a product that packs an antioxidant punch as well as one that offers hydration and an aroma therapeutic sensation.
What is Facial Mist and How to use it
MAC’s Mineralize Charged Water has added moisture, so it’s great for the drier winter months. Mario Badescu’s Facial Spray is packed with aloe, herbs and rosewater, making it a great choice yearround. If you were a little heavy handed on the powder, these mists will freshen up your look and keep your makeup from settling into fine lines and wrinkles. Great on planes, too!”
What types of skin are facial mists best for?
Facials mists can be used on all skin types. The hydrating products are best for those with dry skin. Products with vitamins and minerals can be useful for those who want to hydrate and improve the overall appearance of the skin. If you haven’t tried facials mists, try them. You may get hooked. The products are easy to apply and there are many options out there. So you are sure to find one that works for you. Facial mists set your makeup, but it also helps with: calming, hydrating, replenishing and adding radiance.
How to use Face Mist
What kind of finished look do you want? Are you the glossy kind of gal? Or do you prefer the matte shine-free look? No matter your preference, there’s a setting spray for you.
Setting spray is the finishing touch to your already completed look. Once you have applied your foundation, mascara, and other beauty products, it’s time to lock that makeup in.
First things first, shake the bottle. It’s important to give your setting spray a good shake as it contains a variety of ingredients that need to be a homogeneous mixture before application.
Once you are ready to apply, hold the spray a good 6 to 8 inches from your face and apply using an X and T-shaped motion.
You want to cover your whole face, so don’t hesitate to use the product a few times. Just be sure to avoid getting the spray in your eyes and you’re on your way to learning how to use a setting spray for makeup.
The Difference Between Face Mist, Thermal Water, Toner, Essence and Setting Spray –
With face mists becoming super popular in recent years, there are more and more products to choose from. Problem is, they often go under different names, like toner or essence, even if you spray them on. Are they all the same thing? Lets find out.
If you’re not familiar with them, face mists are liquids that you mist onto your skin via a spray bottle or atomizer.Most are packed with hydrating and soothing ingredients, although you can now find mists with more astringent properties, and even oil-absorbing powders.
How and when you apply them is totally up to you. Besides acting as an instant pick-me-up, mists can be used in between your skincare steps, over and under makeup, and even to dilute other products.
Thermal water has been around for thousands of years and is naturally occurring water that comes from thermal springs. It is water that has picked up minerals and nutrients along its journey from source to spring, and is said to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
These purported properties of thermal spring water make it great for people with dry or sensitive skin, or those who suffer from skin conditions like eczema, rosacea or psoriasis. Some people even use thermal water sprays to set their makeup or simply freshen up throughout the day.
There is a lot of confusion about toners. In the olden days, people talked about lotions and tonics; the word ‘toner’ wasn’t used. The difference between a lotion and tonic back then was that a lotion always contained alcohol and tonic didn’t (or if it did, it contained less than five per cent). Nowadays professionals and consumers use the terms lotion, tonic and toner interchangeably. The name is no longer important. What does matter is exactly what it contains. If you use a good toner, you are likely to see and feel its restorative effects almost immediately.
In general, there are three different kinds of toner:
- Alcohol-based toners. Often these also contain ingredients that tighten the skin, such as witch hazel. These toners can damage your skin and cause irritation. Using them makes it more difficult for your skin to heal itself and produce healthy collagen.
- Water glycerine or glycol-based toners containing scents such as rosewater or citrus. These products are often labelled ‘refreshing’ or ‘purifying’ but they are actually little more than cologne for your face. Strongly-scented toners like these may cause reactions that are damaging to your skin.
- Water-based toners that only contain healing ingredients, substances that replenish the skin (for example, glycerine, fatty acids and ceramides), antioxidants, and ingredients that help skin cells communicate such as niacinamide.
An essence is full of actives like vitamin C, niacinamide, and fermented (read: more powerful) antioxidants. In your routine, it basically serves the same purpose as a serum, except the liquid format of an essence is supposed to enhance product absorption. Think of it as a nourishing, potent step in your skincare routine. Some of them even include mild exfoliating acids. Is it a toner? Not really. But an essence can certainly simplify the whole toner-serum divide—just get you an essence that can do both.
Setting spray (also finishing spray, makeup setting spray, finish spray, or makeup spray) is a cosmetic product designed to preserve applied make-up for long periods of time. Usually sold in small spray bottles, setting spray is applied by spritzing mist over the face, keeping the make-up application moist for several hours.
5 Best Face Mists for Every Skin Types
Here are the best list of 5 Face Mist from my research, please check them out.
1. BLK/OPL SKN™ EVEN TRUE Pore Refining Toner Pore minimizing toner
Pore minimizing toner. For all skin types. Sweeps away residual impurities from skin, helps reduce the appearance of enlarged pores, and refines skin texture for a smoothed, refreshed appearance.
- Oil-reducing toner helps minimize the appearance of enlarged pores
- Helps restore balance from impurities without drying out your skin
- Tightens pores and smooths skin texture while leaving skin hydrated
- Specially formulated with Salicylic Acid, Witch Hazel, and Natural Antioxidants
- For all skin types including sensitive skin
2. Elizabeth Arden – Eight Hour® Miracle Hydrating Mist
Refresh, set, go! This refreshing facial mist instantly awakens the skin with a soothing touch of hydration in an ultra-fine spray. Powered by our superfruit blend, rich in antioxidants and vitamins, it leaves skin feeling reinvigorated and looking healthy. Mist in the morning, post-sweat, pre touch-up or before beauty sleep. Perfect for your on-the-go travel needs in a TSA approved size. Any occasion. Any situation.
Powered by our superfruit blend, rich in antioxidants and vitamins, this ultra-fine mist leaves skin feeling reinvigorated and looking healthy.
3. Benefit cosmetics – ultra radiance facial re-hydrating mist
Even the brightest complexions need a quick pick-me-up now & then. ultra radiance facial re-hydrating mist instantly enhances radiance with our exclusive tri-radiance complex to deliver immediate & long-term hydration. Contains magnesium PCA and white & blue lotus extracts, known for their relaxing properties and to help skin combat stress.
4. Colorescience – SUNFORGETTABLE® SETTING MIST
This nourishing mist contains antioxidant vitamin E to revive skin and fight the effects of free radical damage. The perfect partner to Sunforgettable mineral sunscreens, it helps soothe and rehydrate all skin types before, during and after sun exposure.
- Revives & hydrates skin before, during & after sun exposure
- Soothes and calms skin
- Activates vibrancy and luminosity in our makeup
- Keeps makeup in place all day
- Suitable for all skin types
5. Avon – Avon True Color Makeup Setting Spray
Instantly sets makeup, Avon True Color Makeup Setting Spray… Keep your gorgeous going! A quick spritz helps set makeup in place! Microfine mist dries quickly to an invisible finish. Helps set your foundation, blush, and eye makeup in place without drying out skin.
• An ultra lightweight, fast-drying spray that helps to set your makeup
• Infused with vitamins A, C, and E
• Fast drying, quick absorbing
• Set makeup in place without drying skin
• 2 fluid oz
• Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic
• Dermatologist tested
• Spray pump applicator
Latest posts by Divya Durga (see all)
- 10 New Skincare Products You Need to Know About This Fall - October 29, 2019
- What is Face Mist : How it can help your Skin & Makeup , Plus Top 5 Face Mists to Buy - October 27, 2019
- What is Kajal/Kohl and Top 5 Kohl/ Kajals to Buy - October 27, 2019